1. Got Married. This includes the ceremony and the reception and everything in between that all went off without a hitch.
2. The fact that the wedding was in Las Vegas on top of the Stratosphere.
3. Finally moved out of Edmonton to a beautiful acreage on the west side of Stony Plain.
4. Blade Runner 5 disc ultimate edition box set is on my DVD shelf.
5. Brought home a little black lab puppy from the SPCA. Her name is Joey.
6. Got my hands on a Nintendo Wii right before the Christmas crunch. I gave it to my wife for her birthday but she lets me use it sometimes.
7. Got a very cool Cheshire Cat tattoo.
8. My wife’s horse, Regal, is living with us on the acreage instead of boarding 100kms away. When the wife’s at work and the cats are sleeping and dog is insane, you can always hang around with Regal. He’ll even follow you around the pasture.
9. After 2 long years of constantly fighting in the old apartment downtown, my cats have finally called a truce since moving to the acreage. They actually tolerate being in the same room together now. Getting along with the dog is another story.
10. The driveway aka The Sidewinder. They warned us early on that we’d need a 4×4 truck just to get up our driveway in the winter. Thankfully that was an exaggeration. With a bit of wood ash and a sidewalk ice scraper type thing the road’s just fine for the little old Sunfire. It’s actually pretty fun to drive up cause you have to take a run at it. The ruts keep you from going flying into the trees at 40-50kph.
1. Grandma, the last of my grandparents died.
2. Pet bunny died a couple days before Christmas.
3. Costs me $200 a month in gas to drive 40 minutes each way to work where it cost me nothing to bike 20 minutes to work before.
4. Still haven’t found a decent internet provider since moving out of town but we’re working on that.
5. Telus! After 8 or 9 long phone calls to Telus call centers, we’re left with no telephone and a phone company who thinks me live on the moon and wants $500 to themselves wrong. Thank Jebus for cell phones. This should almost be on the BEST list since I’m thankfully still not a Telus customer.
6. Sold my mountain bike last spring and haven’t bought a new one yet.
7. Moved out of Shaw Cable’s service area.
8. Adopted a beautiful Shepperd Colly Dog from the SPCA but had to return him because he would not stop trying to attack the cats and bunny. I’m fairly certain he was adopted again right away as someone in the waiting room at the SPCA looked pretty serious about taking him home.
9. Labor Market. Not since working as a security guard in college have I had the displeasure of working with so many unreliable, unqualified, not present, genuinely idiotic office staff. I know it’s because of the labor shortage. The turnover rate has been insane.
10. Rent. Thankfully we got out of Edmonton before we got screwed.